Post Registration Help
The way that you will create the home page for your team is by posting a bulletin—just like a notice on the bulletin board. The first bulletin you post will remain at the top and later notices to your team (like organizational and motivational messages) will appear below in a running list.
- Sign in to the ridethedragon.org site
- Click on Teams and you should be taken to your team page.
- There will be a stock bulletin posted on the page that will be replaced with your first bulletin.
- Click on the Options dropdown menu on the right side of the page.
- Select Add a Bulletin and some basic information will pre-populate
- Remove the default expiration date and leave it blank so that this posting will always show on your team page.
- Give it a title that captures the basic message of your home page. Your team name will show there already, so make it something different than that (All fun, all the time! or Let’s be the Top Fundraising Team—whatever you like).
- You can add a picture if you’d like and write a caption below it. You can also change the color of the background and text using the options that are there.
- Write you team bio using the text editor on this page. If you want to embed a link to another web page use the icon or link to a video using the icon. There are lots of formatting options.
- When you’re done creating your bulletin, select your team from the “Recipient Team” drop down. If you want, you can send it out as an email to all registered team members. Again, make sure to select only your team—you don’t want everyone to get your bulletin
- Click submit.
- You can edit the bulletin if you need to by clicking on the yellow pencil button that appears once the bulletin is posted.
Note: All posts to your team page will be visible to the public for anyone who clicks on your page.
How to build your team home page and biography here: (insert link to the other document)
Working with your roster
There is a Roster link on the left navigation bar once you are logged in and are on your team page that allows you to:
- Copy a direct link to your team roster that can bookmark to get you there faster (click on the options link on the right)
- Email all your team members (click on the options link on the right)
- Edit your own profile (click on the edit button near your picture)
- View and edit your team members’ profiles (click on the edit button near the name)
- Email and individual paddler (from their profile click on the email icon near their picture)
- Remove a paddler from your roster if they are no longer paddling on your team
- Click on the edit button, then the Teams tab, then change their Team to “Not Assigned” and their Position to “Not Assigned.”
- Note: It is possible that someone could inadvertently sign on to your team. You will be able to remove them from your team through this same process. We do ask that you either let us or that paddler know that you have removed them so that we can be sure they get on the right team.
- Check on a team member’s fundraising progress (click directly on their name in the roster).
Posting a bulletin for your team
You might want to post a notice for your whole team to see (organizing for festival day or practice weekend, motivating fundraising, etc.). You can do this on your team home page by posting a bulletin. New bulletins will appear below your home page.
NOTE: All bulletins are visible to the public as well as your team members.
- Log in and click on the Teams tab
- Click on “add a bulletin” in the Options drop down member on the right side of your page.
- Choose your posting date and then your expiration date for this bulletin.
- Checking the “archive thereafter” box allows you to use it again as a basis for future posts if you’d like.
- Give your bulletin a title and enter your text.
- You can add pictures or links or videos just like you did in your team home page/bio.
- Select your team name for posting the bulletin to your page.
- You have the option of emailing this bulletin to all your team members as well as posting here on the website. To do this, check the “Broadcast message” option at the bottom of the page.
- Please check ONLY the box to send to Team Members.
To customize your profile page by adding a picture:
- Log in to the ridethedragon.org website
- Click on “my account” at the top right of the page
- Click on your name (it’s a live link) in the table that comes up
- Click on the upload photo button and choose your photo (you won’t necessarily see it show up like you might expect)
- Click submit
To begin fundraising:
- Click on teams and select our <> team.
- Click on Roster at the bottom of the left side navigation bar
- Click on your name on the roster
- This will take you to your fundraising page. From here you can:
- Send an email to yourself to get a message that you can then email to friends and family to ask them to donate (button on the right under the donate bar)
- Share via social media (also on the right under the donate bar)
- See a table of all your supporters
- See progress toward your goal.